I love this recipe! It’s non-toxic, gentle on my hands, and smells great. Like those fancy soaps, but without the fancy price. And it’s so simple to make, you just need 4 things.
1. Distilled Water
2. Pure Castile soap, I like Dr Bronner’s Organic, Unscented Baby Mild. You can find it at Whole Foods or online at Drugstore.com. It’s a little pricey, around $17.00 for a quart, but it’s meant to be diluted and lasts a really long time. The quart size I buy can make 32 bottles of this recipe, that comes to fifty-three cents per bottle. It comes in smaller sizes too, that cost around $4.00, in case you want to start slow 🙂
3. Essential Oil of your choice. I use lemon for my kitchen and it smells divine! I chose lemon for it’s uplifting aroma. But, you can customize this recipe with any oil. I think any of the citrus oils are great; orange, grapefruit, citrus fresh, lemon myrtle. I also like lavender or thieves for the bathroom.
4. A Foaming Dispenser, I bought mine at the Container Store, you can also reuse a foaming dispenser bottle you already have.
So here’s what you do.
1. Add 2 TBS. of Castile Soap to your foaming soap dispenser.
2. Add 5- 10 drops, Essential Oil of your choice. Then swish it all around in the bottle.
3. Fill your foaming dispenser bottle 3/4 of the way with distilled water.
That’s it you’re done! SO EASY.
P.S., In case you were wondering why I use Dr Bronner’s. First of all, it works really well and the ingredients in it are all legit… stuff you can recognize and pronounce 🙂
Ingredients in Dr Bronner’s Unscented Baby Mild Pure-Castile Soap:
Water, Organic Coconut Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Organic Olive Oil, Organic Fair Deal Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Citric Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E).
Disclaimer: The information on this website is based upon my personal use. You can read the full disclaimer here.